Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm in a relationship with a guy who doesn't dance, but I absolutely love it. Should I stay with him?

It's been a couple months and I really like this guy. He supported me through one of the most trying times in my life and is a great emotional support. We can both be pretty stubborn, though, and one of the things I love most to do in the world is dance, but he says if he were to dance, it would change who he was. He loathes it and will never dance with me. He says he won't even dance at his wedding, and I can't even fathom that. I can't stop bringing it up, like a terrible addiction. I feel like I'm less important than this fixation he has on not dancing, and I feel like a jerk whenever I bring it up, as he does, but I feel like it somehow shows how he doesn't care about me enough to do something I really love with him. I dance with other guys, but I feel like somehow he should at least be a little jealous if I bump and grind with someone else, and that it's not right. It implies I'm undesirable if my own boyfriend doesn't even want to dance with me. I imagine what it would be like if I were with a guy like him, but more outgoing and spontaneous with me, dancing and being crazy about art. I feel like he doesn't understand that. Should I stay with him? Or is this something silly to get hung up over? Please recount your own stories overcoming similar differences if you can and how to decide if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment